Join the Seeds of the Month Club - click the banner below.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Birthday Estle Schipp Farm!

It has been eight years today since we left the city and moved to what my husband calls Shang-ri-la!  We have learned so much over those years and yet have so much more to learn.

We've learned that the happy sounds of happy hens is as soothing to the soul as any music you will hear.  We've learned that bees won't always build their comb on the frames you give them but will build anywhere else in the hive where there is extra space.  We've learned of the kindness of neighbors who come to plow snow from your drive because you don't have a tractor yet is one of the kindest things you can experience.  We've learned that no one delivers pizza this far out but that homemade pizza is even better LOL.

I'm dedicating this year on Estle Schipp Farm to learning even more.  My guide this year is the book Storey's Basic Country Skills:  A Practical Guide to Self-Reliance by John and Martha Storey.  I hope you will join me on this journey as I work through each chapter to make our hobby farm even better.

Peace,

Star Schipp  

No comments:

Post a Comment