Join the Seeds of the Month Club - click the banner below.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Be Intentional: Choice = Change (#EveryMondayMatters - week 2)

Welcome to week two of our journey through the books:  Every Monday Matters by Matthew Emerzian/Kelly Bozza AND Charging the Human Battery by Mac Anderson.  I'm so glad you could join me.  :)
Charging the Human Battery - week 2 - opens with a huge gut check:  
"You are always only one choice away from changing your life."  Marcy Blocowiak  
One choice...every moment brings the opportunity to change your life.  Once choice to be intentional and change the routine of your day, or to choose ice cold water instead of soda, or honey from your own bees (or your neighbors) instead of sugar or to seek out pasture raised beef instead of beef from the meat case at the local big box grocer.

It takes courage to choose to start a new habit...or quit an old one.  But, doesn't the thought of choosing to change your life in a moment bring such hope to your heart?     One choice, one change, can become the ripple in the pond that completely turns the tide.  To keep on choosing is a beautiful way to live life.

So how will you make this #MondayMatter?  The exercise in the book for week two is to *gasp* "turn off TV and turn on life".  I confess, I have a TV habit - while I do not sit down and spend much time just watching TV, I do have it on as a constant stream of noise in the background.  Hardly, the atmosphere that fosters creativity.  So for this week, I will choose differently.  Choose to watch TV when there is a show to share with my family.  Choose to enjoy the quiet space in the house when I am the only one home.  Choose to chase down the thoughts that will come to my mind to further my hobby farm dream into a successful, close to the land, life where I provide for my family from this parcel of woods and pasture in Indiana.

I choose to be intentional.

Peace be with you,

Star Schipp  



1 comment: